Thursday, October 11, 2012

I'm on a... roll?

Received a request for an infinity scarf a week back and oh dear, did I do a happy dance. I love it when I get a request because that usually means I get to work with some extra quality yarns. This time it was a hand dyed cotton in ALL the fall colors. So much <3. I even bought two skeins (I had been under the impression I'd in fact need much more than two by the end of it) but it turned out that one was exactly enough. The scarf was finished with about 5 cm extra yarn. Just enough to fasten off and weave in. 
So lucky lucky me I have another skein of fabulous hand dyed yarn. Just trying to figure out what I'm going to make with it. I sort of fell in love with the scarf that I made with the other skein, but we'll see. Tedious is a mild word for 50 meters straight of dc's. I wanted to keep it simple though, and just show off the amazing yarn. 
I'm going to have to go for a visit and snap some good shots of the scarf seeing as I was so chuffed to have worked it up so quickly that I wanted to deliver it right away and forgot to even do a final stitch count in case there were more orders for the same scarf, much less remember to take pictures of the final product. *facepalm*
So far this is the only photo I've got. Here it's being worn wrapped three times around. In other words It's three times as long as shown here. I <3 it. Gotta get more pix of it... OOOOR just make another one. 
I think I'll do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment